Monday, April 23, 2012

There's Wally - Just a Face in the Crowd

Heartbreaking news. I had to decline the invitation to star in the forthcoming advertisement featuring Graeme Swann, Alistair Cook and Steve Finn being filmed at Trent Bridge on Wednesday.

Just in case they were unable to get enough faces into the crowd I attached this photo of Family Entertainer and Magician 'Uncle Doodoo' (now as with the dodo defunct) to my RSVP together with a reference to this blog. On receipt of my e-mail I'm expecting them to arrange for a helicopter to pick me up from The Bat & Ball Cricket ground, Gravesend CC's Home Ground, resplendent with its new covers, and outdoor nets.

My friend H will be equally devastated. Her pin-up is Alistair Cook. She will have to make do with the photograph of him surfing in Galle that is in May's edition of 'The Cricketer' magazine. The last autograph I got her was from Simon Barnes the Sunday Times Columnist on the plane from Adelaide to Sydney. He seemed a real gent.

That is all.

No comments: